COMPILATION AND INDEX OF TRADE NAMES, SPECIFICATIONS, AND PRODUCERS OF STAINLESS ALLOYS AND SUPERALLOYS
The purpose of this compilation is the tying together of the trade names, producers' designations, and specifications for stainless steels and superalloys, thus easing the problem of identifying some of these alloys. This publication is not intended as a procurement directory or buyer's guide. The information contained in this compilation is based on the data supplied by 80 U.S. producers (usually melters) of stainless steels, corrosion and heat resistant castings, and superalloys. This revision also contains powder-metallurgy-produced products. This document does not include information from processers such as forgers, rerollers, wire drawers, etc., since they are not primary metal producers.
- Issued under the auspices of ASTM Committee A-1 on Steel, Stainless Steel, and Related Alloys and the Metals and Ceramics Information Center, Battelle Columbus Laboratories.
American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)100 Barr Harbor Drive, P.O. Box C700
West Conshohocken, PA United States 19428-2957
- Simmons, W F
- Gunia, R B
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Alloys; Corrosion resistant alloys; Heat resistant materials; Metals; Stainless steel
- Old TRIS Terms: Heat resistant metals and alloys
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00048123
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Series DS45A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1973 12:00AM