ARCTIC ICE DYNAMICS JOINT EXPERIMENT. AIDJEX BULLETIN NO. 13
AIDJEX Bulletin No. 13 contains discussion of projects conducted during the 1971 AIDJEX Pilot Study (March-April 1971 in the Beaufort Sea, 500 km north of Tuktoyaktuk, NWT, Canada). The first two papers discuss measurement of strain and deformation in pack ice using aerial photography, tellurometer data (measurement of deformation of a strain triangle), and wind stress measurements. The third paper attempts to correlate the roughness of the top and bottom surfaces of a multiyear ice floe. The last two papers deal with the problem of determining the salinity of sea water from conductivity and temperature measurements.
- See also AIDJEX 72-12, PB-220 576.
University of Washington, SeattleDivision of Marine Sciences
Seattle, WA United States 98105
- Johnson, Andrew M.
- Publication Date: 1972-5
- Pagination: 120 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerial photography; Deformation; Density; Ice; Ice floes; Ice phenomena; Pack ice; Photointerpretation; Roughness; Salinity; Sea ice; Seawater; Strain measurement; Temperature
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions; Beaufort Sea
- Old TRIS Terms: Density mass/volume; Ice deformation; Nsf
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00048101
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AIDJEX-72-13
- Contract Numbers: NSF-C625
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1973 12:00AM