ARCTIC ICE DYNAMICS JOINT EXPERIMENT. AIDJEX BULLETIN NO. 12
AIDJEX Bulletin No. 12 reports the preliminary results of several projects which were carried out during the 1971 AIDJEX Pilot Study (March-April 1971, in the Beaufort Sea 550 km north of Tuktoyaktuk, NWT, Canada). These projects include a study of a multiyear pressure ridge; 25 cm coherent, synthetic-aperture radar observations of sea ice from aircraft; measurements of (atmospheric) turbulence in the near-ice layer; and water stress and ocean current measurements. Also included in the Bulletin are: a paper on water and ice motion during the 1970 AIDJEX Pilot Study (March-April 1970, Beaufort Sea); two papers on the study of sea-ice pressure ridge statistics; and the table of contents of Trudy (Proceedings) of the Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute, Leningrad, Vol. 303 (1971) (translation to appear in AIDJEX-72-16 and AIDJEX-72-17, AIDJEX Bulletin Nos. 16 and 17, TT 72-50022).
- See also AIDJEX-71-11, PB-220 575 and AIDJEX-72-13, PB-220 577.
University of Washington, SeattleDivision of Marine Sciences
Seattle, WA United States 98105
- Johnson, Andrew M.
- Publication Date: 1972-2
- Pagination: 160 p.
- TRT Terms: Celestial navigation; Hydrographic surveying; Ice formations; Meteorological phenomena; Ocean currents; Pack ice; Radar images; Remote sensing; Sea ice; Speed; Wind
- Uncontrolled Terms: Wind direction; Wind speed
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydrographic surveys; Ice ridge distribution; Ice ridges; Meteorological data; Nsf; Pressure ridge characteristics
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00048100
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AIDJEX-72-12
- Contract Numbers: NSF-C625
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1973 12:00AM