APPARATUS FOR REMOVING OIL AND OTHER FLOATING CONTAMINANTS FROM A MOVING BODY OF WATER
The present invention relates generally to the removal of floating liquid and solid contaminants from a moving body of water, and more particularly to a skimming system which removes such contaminants by using the gravitational flow of the water and which is self-adjusting during fluctuations in the water level to provide for minimal water removal along with the contaminants.
- Government-owned invention available for licensing.
Atomic Energy CommissionDepartment of Commerce
Washington, DC USA 20235
- Strohecker, J W
- Publication Date: 1971-11-30
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Oil booms; Oil recovery equipment; Oil spill cleanup; Water quality management
- Uncontrolled Terms: Oil separators
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil removal equipment; Oil skimmers
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00048097
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent Apl
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1973 12:00AM