COASTAL SHIPPING, FEEDER AND FERRY SERVICES
The study covers economic, technical and institutional aspects of coastal shipping, feeder (trans-shipment) and ferry services and related industries. Major emphasis is on the function and potential of integrated coastal shipping, feeder and ferry services in a co-ordinated national or regional transport network. This study is based on the technical and background papers submitted to the United Nations Interregional Seminar on Coastal Shipping Feeder and Ferry Services, held at Os per Bergen, Norway, from 1 to 21 September 1969. Reflected also in this study are the discussions that followed the presentation of papers and the reports prepared by groups of participants.
- The report of the Seminar has been issued as United Nations document ST/TAO/Ser.C/118.
United NationsUnited Nations Plaza
New York, NY United States 10017
- Publication Date: 1970
- Pagination: 119 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Ferries; Hydrofoil boats; Intermodal terminals; Marine terminals; Port structures; Ports
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydrofoil craft; Terminal facilities
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00048088
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United Nations
- Report/Paper Numbers: ST-ECA-134
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1973 12:00AM