ARCTIC ICE DYNAMICS JOINT EXPERIMENT. ICE DYNAMICS
The report contains several papers related to ice motion. The first paper describes an experiment to measure the surface tilt of an ice-covered ocean using a hydrostatic leveling system. The second paper discusses the distribution of ice (by age, thickness, and hummockedness) in the Arctic resulting from accumulation, ablation, and export of ice. The third and fourth papers are translations of Soviet research on ice floe motion and the drift of ice fields. Also included in the Bulletin are abstracts of two papers dealing with thermodynamic modeling of sea ice.
- See also PB-220 357.
University of Washington, SeattleDivision of Marine Sciences
Seattle, WA USA 98105
- Publication Date: 1971-3
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Ablative materials; Air water interfaces; Anemometry; Drift ice; Dynamics; Ice; Ice formations; Ice phenomena; Ocean currents; Remote sensing; Sea ice; Thickness; Turbulence; Wind
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Ocean
- Old TRIS Terms: Ablation; Air water interactions; Ice disintegration; Ice dynamics; Ice hummocks; Ice models; Ice thickness; Nsf
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00048083
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AIDJEX-Bull-6
- Contract Numbers: NSF-C625
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1973 12:00AM