ARCTIC ICE DYNAMICS JOINT EXPERIMENT. AIDJEX PLANNING CONFERENCE
AIIDJEX Bulletin No. 9 contains a condensed account of a conference held on June 21-22, 1971 to review recent progress toward the scientific goals of AIDJEX and to discuss plans for the 1972 pilot experiment. Progress to date in numerical modeling of the ocean-ice-atmosphere system is discussed. Proposed experiments for the pilot study are reviewed. Areas in which notable progress has been made and areas which require special attention are mentioned. Also included is an explanation of AIDJEX organization.
- See also AIDJEX-Bull-3, PB-196063 and AIDJEX-71-11, PB-220575.
University of Washington, SeattleDivision of Marine Sciences
Seattle, WA United States 98105
- Johnson, Andrew M.
- Publication Date: 1971-8
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; Ice; Ice phenomena; Operations; Remote sensing; Sea ice
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic operations; Ice dynamics; Ice models; Ice water air interaction
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00048081
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AIDJEX-71-19
- Contract Numbers: NSF-C625
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1973 12:00AM