ARCTIC ICE DYNAMICS JOINT EXPERIMENT. AIDJEX BULLETIN NO. 11
AIDJEX Bulletin No. 11 outlines the plans for the 1972 AIDJEX Pilot Study, to be conducted during March and April 1972, on the pack ice in the Beaufort Sea approximately 400 km north of Pt. Barrow, Alaska. The content and objectives of the planned observational program (which consists of standard meteorological and oceanographic observations, in addition to air stress, water stress, radiation, heat budget, micro-and macroscale strain measurements, acceleration, and tilt measurements) are discussed. The general logistics plan for the study is alos presented. The Bulletin also contains two translations from Problemy Artukii Antarktiki, No. 38, published in mid-1971 by the Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute in Leningrad: (1) Borisenkov, E.P., and A.F. Treshnikov, 'The Polar Experiment;' and (2) Treshnikov, A.F., E.P. Borisenkov, et al., 'The American 'Arctic Ice Dynamics Joint Experiment'.' Also included is a list of items submitted by the NSF Polar Information Service for translation under the PL 480 program.
- See also AIDJEX-71-9, PB-220574 and AIDJEX-72-12, PB-220576.
University of Washington, SeattleDivision of Marine Sciences
Seattle, WA USA 98105
- Johnson, Andrew M.
- Publication Date: 1971-11
- Pagination: 47 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; Ice phenomena; Operations; Pack ice; Sea ice
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic operations; Ice dynamics; Ice water air interaction
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00048080
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AIDJEX-71-11
- Contract Numbers: NSF-C625
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1973 12:00AM