THE CARGO SUBMARINES: ITS HISTORY AND POSSIBLE APPLICATIONS
The paper past efforts toward the use of submarines as cargo transports; and briefly looks at possible applications, both civilian and military, of a cargo carrying submarine. The intent is to introduce broad concepts into the Naval War College arena for amplification and refinement. Cargo submarines are found to be technically and economicaly feasible under certain conditions and have important civilian and military applications in an environment of rapidly depleting petroleum resources.
Naval War CollegeNewport, RI USA
- Varley, F C
- Publication Date: 1972-6-20
- Pagination: 71 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo ships; Cargo submarines; Economics; Logistics; Petroleum; Reviews; Shipping; Submarines; Tankers; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Submarine tankers
- Subject Areas: Economics; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00048079
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Res Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1973 12:00AM