A SMALL VACUUM OIL SKIMMING SYSTEM
An oil-slick collection system suitable for use on harbor craft is described. This system employs a pneumatic-powered vacuum cleaner to collect oil from the water surface by entrainment in a high-velocity air stream. The components are widely available commercial items. Tests show the system to be successful in picking up No. 4 fuel and lighter oils. The collection rate depends chiefly on the rate of oil supply to the skimmer.
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Research and Monitoring
Washington, DC United States
- Cross, R H
- Publication Date: 1973-2
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Oil recovery equipment; Oil spill cleanup
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil recovery systems; Oil skimmers
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00048039
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Maritime Research Center, Galveston
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA-R2-73-115
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1974 12:00AM