THE DYNAMICS OF PISTON SLAP
This paper reports on a research project completed which involved a theoretical and experimental investigation into the dynamics of the slider crank mechanism with clearance in the sliding bearing. The object of the project was to demonstrate a method of analyzing mechanism behavior when clearance is a significant factor in one bearing. A description of the analytical approach is given together with specimen theoretical slider trajectories. The theoretical results are compared with results obtained experimentally from the same mechanism parameters.
- Presented at Meeting, October 8-12, 1972.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Wilson, R
- Fawcett, J N
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Pagination: 8 p.
- Accession Number: 00048003
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: ASME #72-Mech-63 Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 4 1976 12:00AM