PROBLEMS AND FACTORS INVOLVED WITH MULTIPLE NON-RAIL ACI LABELS
There are several problems that can occur when operating practices result in the clustering of non-rail ACI labels on the structure or lading of a single railcar. Such clustering can result from vertical stacking of containers on a flat car, and from handling a container on a chassis on flat car. Before analyzing the problems, it is important to thoroughly understand the basic principles of ACI label structure, application, scanning, decoding, and data handling. These basic principles are reviewed in this report, after which the problems that can occur are described and analyzed.
Seamon (JH)13402 Dauphine Street
Silver Spring, MD United States 20906
- Seamon, J H
- Publication Date: 1971-10
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic car identification; Labeling
- Old TRIS Terms: Non rail aci labels; Secondary labels
- Subject Areas: Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00047989
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1974 12:00AM