EARTHMOVING FOR PEOPLE MOVING--EXPANSION OF THE NEW YORK CITY TRANSIT SYSTEM
The expansion of the New York City Rapid Transit System, funded by a voter-approved $25 billion transportation bond issue in 1967, is described. Fifty-two miles of new subway routes will be constructed, along with other on-going modernization of the system. Eleven new routes will be constructed under the program. The work and type of equipment presently used in constructing four of these routes is described in some detail.
- Prepared for Meeting 2-4 April 1973.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Tremko, J A
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Rapid transit; Subways
- Identifier Terms: New York City Transit Authority
- Subject Areas: Construction; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00047901
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 730440 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1981 12:00AM