FMVSS 105 BRAKE TESTS OF THE AMF INC. AND FAIRCHILD INDUSTRIES EXPERIMENTAL SAFETY VEHICLES
Braking performance tests were conducted on Experimental Safety Vehicles manufactured by AMF Inc. and Fairchild Industries to assess compliance with FMVSS 105 (Hydraulic Service Brake, Emergency Brake, and Parking Brake Systems - Passenger Cars). The tests were conducted under 60-percent rated load conditions on an asphaltic surface with a skid number of 75 plus or minus 5. The report provides comprehensive descriptions of the facilities, data acquisition methodology, and the ESV brake systems. A brief discussion of mechanical brake problems that occurred is also included. The FMVSS 105 brake test data are presented in tabular format.
- Publication Date: 1972-5
- Pagination: 83 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Brakes; Braking; Deceleration; Disc brakes; Force; Hydraulic equipment; Passenger vehicles; Performance evaluations; Road tests; Safety; Safety vehicles; Servomechanisms; Skid resistance
- Identifier Terms: Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Hydraulic servomechanisms; Nhsb
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00047869
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 2310-72-25 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-10187
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1973 12:00AM