FRONT-TO-SIDE CRASH TEST OF GENERAL MOTORS EXPERIMENTAL SAFETY VEHICLES
The report presents the test procedures and results of the crash test of two General Motors experimental safety vehicles in a front-to-side configuration. The test consisted of a forward-moving vehicle impacting a like stationary vehicle at 29.60 mph. The objectives of the test were to establish the structural responses of both the striking and struck vehicles and to establish the side intrusion characteristics of the struck vehicle.
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Crashworthiness; Head on collisions; Impact tests; Motor vehicle bodies; Safety engineering; Safety equipment; Safety vehicles; Side collisions; Structural analysis
- Uncontrolled Terms: Structural properties
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile bodies; Nhsb
- Subject Areas: Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00047868
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 2310-72-32 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-046-2-468
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1973 12:00AM