SPECIFICATIONS FOR STEEL RAILS
This is a complete specification for steel rails. The specification covers the chemical composition (metallurgy) of the steel, the method of manufacture, the branding and stamping, and the control cooling. Additional specifications cover the fabrication (welding) of continuous welded rail, and the inspection and classification of secondhand rail for welding. The specifications also cover Thermite welding, the drop test machine, and joint bars and other track material.
Chicago, IL United States 60605
- Publication Date: 1970
- Pagination: 21 p.
- Issue Number: Pt2
- TRT Terms: Cooling; Drop tests; Metallurgy; Rail (Railroads); Specifications; Thermit welding; Tie bars
- Old TRIS Terms: Control cooling; Other track material; Rail drop tests
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00047836
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 4 1974 12:00AM