SPECIFICATIONS FOR CROSS TIES
This is a complete specification for wooden cross ties. The specification covers kinds of wood, physical requirements, design, manufacture, inspection, delivery, and shipment of cross ties. The specification covers machining of cross ties. Specifications are also given for tie plugs and for dating nails, and for anti-splitting devices. The specification also covers tie coating materials used to fill surface cracks in ties.
Chicago, IL United States 60616
- Publication Date: 1970
- Pagination: 16 p.
- Issue Number: Pt1
- TRT Terms: Railroad ties; Specifications
- Old TRIS Terms: Anti-splitting devices; Dating nails; Tie plugs
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00047835
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 4 1974 12:00AM