WABCOPAC BRAKE ASSEMBLY TODAY - DESIGN AND PERFORMANCE
The WABCOPAC brake assembly has now been in service for approximately 12 years with over 120,000 cars presently equipped. Most of these cars are of the high utilization, high capacity types. As occurs with any equipment offered for general interchange service, many evolutionary improvements have been made over this 12-year period. Some were made as a result of changing operating requirements, others because of the extensive service experience reflecting all types of operating and environmental conditions. This paper will discuss the design improvements incorporated into the WABCOPAC brake assembly over this period, the test criteria used to evaluate the effectiveness of these changes, and the improved braking performance that the WABCOPAC brake assembly is presently providing.
- Presented at the Air Brake Association Annual Meeting, Sept. 14, 1970.
Westinghouse Air Brake CompanyWilmerding, PA United States
- Wilson, R L
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Brakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Braking systems; Wabcopac brake assembly
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00047820
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Westinghouse Air Brake Company
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1976 12:00AM