THE ANALYSIS OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS
This text requires virtually no mathematical background and a modest knowledge of computers and programming. It emphasizes how information is organized, stored and retrieved with the aid of computers. It recognizes information retrieval as a communications process between man and computer and describes the basic nature of this communication, along with the various languages used for non-machine communication, how retrieval is done, how information is structured and how computers are used in the process. It also describes basic file processes, data access systems, interactive information retrieval, programming language considerations and generalized data management systems.
Melville Publishing Company11661 San Vicente Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA USA 90049
- Meadow, C T
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 448 p.
- TRT Terms: Computers; Information systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00047815
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Special Libraries Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Book
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 4 1976 12:00AM