TRI-LEVEL ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION SUMMARIES. LEVEL 3A. INJURY CAUSATION. VOLUME 2, NUMBER 1
The report briefly describes the tri-level accident investigation concept. Three levels of information are collected: exposure and accident rate information; accident information on a large sample of accidents not normally collected by the police; multidisciplinary in-depth information collected on a small sample of accidents by a team of professionals. The report contains Level 3A accident summaries from the tri-level study. The summaries are brief descriptions of injury-producing accidents investigated to determine the injuries and interior components which caused the injuries. The volume contains summaries of 50 injury causation cases.
- See also Volume 2, no. l, PB-220 881. Prepared in cooperation with Calspan Corp., Buffalo. N. Y.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Pagination: 215 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashes; Design standards; Injuries; Motor vehicle bodies; Research; Traffic crashes; Vehicle compartment components; Vehicle interiors
- Identifier Terms: U.S. National Transportation Safety Board
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile bodies; Ntsb
- Subject Areas: Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00047771
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Sum Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-053-2-277
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1973 12:00AM