FLINT TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT. MAXI-CAB COMMUTER CLUB
The report is a narrative final report which has been preceeded by five technical reports. The project described was a three-year demonstration program of door-to-door commuter bus service aimed at the factory worker in Flint, Michigan. The report deals with some of the problems Flint encountered, such as labor and service reliability and problems of organizational structure. The techniques may be useful to other communities with specialized routing as part of their transit systems.
- See also PB-220 900.
American Academy of Transportation2222 Fuller Road, Room 408-A
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48105
- Publication Date: 1972-5
- Pagination: 217 p.
- TRT Terms: Bus lines; Bus transit operations; Buses; Commuter service; Data collection; Door to door service; Factories; Fares; Laborers; Level of service; Measures of effectiveness; Passenger transportation; Problem solving; Project management; Reviews; Routing
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness; Fare structure; Projects; Services
- Geographic Terms: Flint (Michigan); Michigan
- Old TRIS Terms: Factory workers; Maxicabs; Reference groups
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Motor Carriers; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00047766
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1973 12:00AM