FEASIBILITY STUDY OF TRAILER TECHNIQUES FOR TIRE TRACTION. VOLUME 2. TECHNICAL
The report presents the results of a nine-month test utilizing a two-wheeled towed traction trailer. The purpose of this test was to evaluate the existing methodology for determining the relative braking traction characteristics of a production test tire and an ASTM control tire. The test, specified by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), included segments designed to determine the repeatability of the test procedure and apparatus and to evaluate the effect of certain dependent variables: tire load, tire inflation pressure, road speed, road surface coefficient of friction, and surface water depth.
- See also Volume 1, PB-218 661.
Goodyear International Tire Technical CenterLuxembourg, Luxembourg
- Ramsey, A F
- Eagleburger, J D
- Sacia, S R
- Publication Date: 1973-2
- Pagination: 156 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Evaluation; Feasibility analysis; Loads; Paving; Pressure; Tires; Traction; Trailers
- Old TRIS Terms: Nhsb
- Subject Areas: Motor Carriers; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00047760
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-205-2-328
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1973 12:00AM