RELATIVE COST OF SHIPBUILDING
This fiscal 1973 study report to the Congress shows the cost differential between the Atlantic, Pacific and Gulf Coast shipyards to be relatively small. Bids from the various areas do not reflect the theoretical variations in costs. As in the past the recommendation is made that geographical cost differences be considered not sufficiently significant to justify any remedies to equalize costs between the coastal districts.
- A report to the Congress on the relative cost of shipbuilding in the various coastal districts of the United States.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Labor productivity; Planning; Production; Production control; Shipyards
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipyard costs
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00047705
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 31 1973 12:00AM