CONFERENCE ON TANK CONTAINERS
This Conference was intended to bring together shipper and carrier representatives, along with equipment manufacturers and those government agencies concerned with tank containers used in intermodal transportation. The Question and Answer periods are documentated and truly as informative as the basic presentations. Papers were presented on the following subjects: Carrier Experience, Shipper Experience--Spirits, Shipper Experience--Chemicals, Shipper Experience--Food, Hazardous Material Regulation, Regulations for Portable Tanks, Standard Specificatons for Tank Containers, Tank Designs, and Optional Equipment.
- Prepared by Office of Ports and Intermodal Systems, Maritime Administration.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1973-4-19
- Pagination: 81 p.
- TRT Terms: Cleaning; Container traffic; Containerization; Containers; Design; Intermodal transportation; Standards; Storage tanks
- Old TRIS Terms: Container design; Container standards; Containerized cargo; Tank cleaning
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00047700
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 31 1976 12:00AM