GENERAL DESIGN CRITERIA FOR NUCLEAR MERCHANT SHIPS
These General Design Criteria establish minimum requirements for the principal design criteria for water-cooled nuclear power plants and nuclear merchant ships. Where applicable, these criteria are intended for use in design of shore-based support facilities for nuclear merchant ships. The development of the General Design Criteria has been based on USAEC General Design Criteria and accepted practice for safe design and operation of nuclear merchant ships. It is expected that the criteria will be augmented and changed from time to time as important new requirements for this application of nuclear power are developed. Also, some of the specific design requirements for structures, systems and components important to safety, have not as yet been suitably defined. Their omission does not relieve any applicant from considering these matters in the design of a specific facility and satisfying the necessary safety requirements.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyNuclear Power Generation Division
Lynchburg, VA United States 24504
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Nuclear power plants; Nuclear reactors; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor design; Nuclear reactor safety
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00047663
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 18 1975 12:00AM