HIGH IMPACT SHOCK TEST OF A GENERAL ELECTRIC LM2500 PROPULSION GAS TURBINE MODULE
Discusses the high impact shock testing of a General Electric Propulsion Gas Turbine Module to the requirements of Military Specification MIL-S-901C. This shock qualification is just one of a comprehensive program of tests to be performed to fully qualify the LM2500 Gas Turbine and the DD-963 Propulsion System components specifically for the Spruance (DD-963) Class Destroyers. The description of the gas turbine and the preparation for, and the conduct of the shock test, and a review of the shock test results are presented.
- Paper for meeting April 8-12, 1973.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Bobo, W R
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash tests; Gas turbines
- Old TRIS Terms: Shock testing
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00047659
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper n 73-GT-88
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1973 12:00AM