CONTROLLABLE PITCH PROPELLERS WITH GAS TURBINE PRIME MOVERS
The paper is concerned with the transient performance of gas turbine/controllable pitch propeller ships propulsion plants in the decelerating mode with headway on the vessel. Conventional propeller coefficients are examined, and their deficiencies for this purpose noted, particularly with regard to preliminary predictions of performance in the initial ship design phase. A tentative set of revised coefficients is proposed, and the predictions compared to two sets of full-scale data.
- Paper for meeting April 8-12, 1973.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Ridley, D E
- NORTON, J A
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Controllable pitch propellers; Engine efficiency; Performance; Propellers; Propulsion; Transient analyzers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transient analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Propeller performance; Propulsive efficiency
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00047648
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper n 73-GT-74
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1973 12:00AM