MARINE TRANSPORT WITH COMMERCIAL ICE VESSELS IN ARCTIC REGIONS
The successful attempt in 1969 of the giant tanker MANHATTAN which was fortified against ice to make a return trip voyage in the Northwest Passage , has not only let the questions of Polar Ice navigation with specially built cargo vessels for this purpose become especially pressing for Canada, USA and USSR which are immediately bordering on the Arctic but also Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Japan, England, and Germany. The report discusses the author's proposal for a system solution for such a surface vessel.
- Trans. from Schiff und Hafen (West Germany) n10 1972.
Kallipke (Fritz)Hamburg, Germany
- Kallipke, F
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Commercial transportation; Construction; Drag; Freight transportation; Hazards; Ice formations; Ice navigation; Icebreakers; Improvements; Operations; Pipeline transportation; Propellers; Seas; Standards; Structural design; Tankers; Translations; Water transportation
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions; Germany
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic oil transportation; Arctic operations; Cargo transportation; Cargo vessels; Ice operations; Marine propellars; Solo
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Construction; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Pipelines;
- Accession Number: 00047620
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1973 12:00AM