RESEARCH PROSPECTUS FOR MARINE POLLUTION CONTROL IN THE GREAT LAKES
The prospectus reviews and summarizes the present status of the marine pollution problems on the Great Lakes and their relation to the merchant ships operating thereon, including municipal laws, state laws, and EPA implementation of the Water Quality Act of 1970 and other Federal legislation, and Canadian legislation. The prospectus recommends research in certain areas and outlines the projects needed for soliciting requests for proposals.
- Prepared in cooperation with Cleveland-Cliffs Iron, Co., Cleveland, Ohio.
Kearney (AT) and Company, Incorporated100 South Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL USA 60606
- Publication Date: 1972-8
- Pagination: 209 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo ships; Contingency planning; Exhaust gases; Harbors; Hazardous materials; Jurisprudence and judicial processes; Legislation; Naval architecture; Noise; Oils; Operations; Pollution; Pollution control; Recommendations; Refuse; Research projects; Sewerage; Ships; Waste disposal; Water pollution; Water quality management
- Uncontrolled Terms: Sewage
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Harbor facilities; Pollution abatement measures; Pollution contingency plans; Recmmendations; Water pollution abatement
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Environment; Law; Marine Transportation; Research; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00047619
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-900-73-009
- Contract Numbers: C-2-36268
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1973 12:00AM