PROPELLER EXCITATION AND RESPONSE OF 230 000 TDW TANKERS
A comprehensive investigation concerning propulsion, cavitation and vibration has been carried out on two 230,000 TDW tanker ships. In the report the results concerning vibration are reported. Full scale measurements of propeller induced pressure fluctuations at different positions on the stern, static and dynamic thrust and torque in the shaft, as well as vibratory response in different parts of the structure have been carried out.
- Presented at the Symposium on Naval Hydrodynamics (9th), Paris, Aug 72.
Swedish State Shipbuilding Experimental TankP.O. Box 24001
S-40022 Goteborg 24, Sweden
- Johnsson, C A
- Sondvedt, T
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Amplitude (Physics); Cavitation (Mechanics); Cavitation erosion; Excitation; Frequency response; Hulls; Propeller shafts; Propellers; Random vibration; Resonance frequency; Ship structural components; Supertankers; Tankers; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Model tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull response; Hull vibration; Marine propellers; Propeller excitation; Propeller shaft vibration; Tanker ships
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00047617
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1973 12:00AM