DEVELOPMENT OF A HIGH SEAS OIL RECOVERY SYSTEM. APPENDIX II
A model test development program was conducted of a double weir oil recovery system for rapid recovery of oil spilled on the high seas. In this appendix a detailed discussion of three-dimensional seakeeping tests, pump and control system tests, 1/3-scale model tests with oil, tradeoff studies and system design drawings is presented.
- Paper copy also available from NTIS $22.00/set of 3 reports as AD-759 522-SET.
Ocean Systems, Incorporated11440 Isaac Newton Industrial Square North
Reston, VA United States 22070
- March, F A
- Beach, R L
- Bishop, R P
- Blockwick, T N
- Sahgal, R K
- Publication Date: 1972-2
- Pagination: 335 p.
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Design; Materials recovery (Mining); Mechanical analysis; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Oils; Pumps; Water pollution; Water quality management; Weirs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Model tests; Oil separators
- Old TRIS Terms: Cg; Materials recovery; Oil barriers; Oil recovery systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00047616
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-11,542-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1973 12:00AM