AMENDMENT OF THE OIL POLLUTION ACT, 1961, (75 STAT. 402), AS AMENDED BY IMPLEMENTATION OF THE 1969 AND 1971 AMENDMENTS TO THE INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION FOR THE PREVENTION OF THE POLLUTION OF THE SEA BY OIL, AS AMENDED
The proposed action is a bill to amend the Oil Pollution Act, 1961, as amended, by implementation of the 1969 and 1971 Amendments to the International Convention for the Prevention of the Pollution of the Sea by Oil, 1954, as amended. The bill would establish rigid control measures to prevent and control pollution of the sea by oil. Enactment of this bill will cause a substantial reduction in the quantity of oil being discharged at sea. There are no adverse environmental effects resulting from enactment of this bill.
- Final Environmental impact statement.
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20593
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Amendments; Ballast (Railroads); Coasts; Environmental impact statements; Law enforcement; Laws; Legislation; Oceans; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Oils; Pollution; Pollution control; Regulation; Ships; Tankers; Water pollution; Water quality management; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ballast
- Old TRIS Terms: Discharge; Eis; Oil discharge regulation; Public law
- Subject Areas: Environment; Law; Marine Transportation; Railroads; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00047605
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ELR-0703
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 18 1973 12:00AM