COMPONENT DEGRADATION BRAKE SYSTEM PERFORMANCE. VOLUME II. TECHNICAL REPORT
The final technical report for the Component Degradation: Brake System Performance program is presented in this document. This document is volume two of three volumes. Volume one is a summary report and volume three is a data collection. The objectives of this program were (1) experimentally evaluate how selected modes of brake component degradation would affect vehicle braking performance; (2) determine and recommend brake system component and performance degradation limits, and (3) determine and recommend the most cost-effective means of brake system inspection.
- Paper copy also available from NTIS $13.00/set of 3 reports as PB-219 377-SET.
Bendix Research Laboratories2800 Ten and One-Half Mile Road
Southfield, MI United States 48076
- KERANEN, T W
- Ducharme, R T
- Matle, C C
- Publication Date: 1972-5
- Pagination: 303 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Brake discs; Brake drums; Brake linings; Brakes; Contaminants; Disc brakes; Durability tests; Dynamometers; Quality control; Sliding friction; Wear
- Uncontrolled Terms: Contamination; Degradation; Drum brakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Nhsb
- Subject Areas: Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00047580
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: RLD-6254 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-090-1-124
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1973 12:00AM