This volume considers the above-the-floor-level aspects of rail travellers' surroundings. Physical travelling conditions are examined from the cost and passenger viewpoints. Subjects covered include progress to date and future developments in the rolling stock of British Railways for suburban and main lines; the London Underground railway; vibration; air conditioning; interior furnishings; and research and design for the advanced passenger train. Senior engineers and researchers from the British Railways Board combine with industrial experts in the field to offer authoritative information and analysis.
Institution of Mechanical Engineers1 Birdcage Walk
London SW1H 9JJ, England
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 114 p.
- TRT Terms: Environmental quality; High speed rail; Occupant protection devices; Passenger comfort; Passenger security; Passenger service; Rapid transit; Subways
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced passenger trains; Passenger protection; Subway environment
- Subject Areas: Environment; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00047403
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1974 12:00AM