PUTTING THE PASSENGER BACK INTO THE LOOP
The importance of the passenger is being restressed--as opposed to the importance of the car, the plane, the highway, and the runway. The components have never been treated as an integrated system of transportation for the passenger. The existing subsystems are looked at, with a focus on the rejuvenation of updated high-speed travel by rail--the reality of Amtrak, especially on the New York-Washington run.
- Prepared for Meeting 8-12 January 1973.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Watts Jr, D A
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Human factors; Passenger service
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00047398
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 730064 Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1976 12:00AM