ENERGY EFFICIENCIES OF THE TRANSPORT SYSTEMS
This paper explores a doubling of transport output in 25 years while holding oil consumption under the present 90 billion gal per year. By shifting some intercity and urban traffic to modified systems with better energy efficiency, higher traffic volumes can still be moved. Surprisingly, if the right choices are made, personal vehicle ownership and auto travel could continue to increase, as could air travel; and actual door-to-door travel convenience could be maintained or improved.
- Prepared for Meeting 8-12 April 1973.
New York, NY USA 10017
- RICE, R A
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Energy consumption; Energy resources; Fuels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Energy crisis
- Old TRIS Terms: Energy intensiveness
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00047382
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 730066 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1976 12:00AM