Reliability of diesel electric locomotive is discussed from the standpoint of engineering responsibility for overall performance. Objectives of design are set forth for a complex product involving large spectrum of engineering disciplines. Service factors are developed for locomotives to govern the design. Design reliability program is shown in terms of goal setting. Measurement system based on field reporting is described as an important aspect of the program. The role of the product engineer and interactions with manufacturing and servicing activities is defined for achieving reliability objectives.
- Prepared for Meeting 1-4 April 1973.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Ephraim Jr, M
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel electric locomotives; Locomotives; Reliability
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00047381
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 73-DGP-14 Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1976 12:00AM