20 YEARS EXPERIENCE BURNING HEAVY FUELS IN HEAVY DUTY GAS TURBINES
The laboratory investigations and field tests that resulted in a fuel processing system that permitted satisfactory operation on a wide range of liquid fuels are described. The operating experiences, where residual fuels were successfully burned in a large number of units, are described. The most recent operating experience with residual and crude oils and heavy distillates is also covered. A list of the various installations with dates and hours of operation is included and it is concluded that heavy duty gas turbines burning heavy fuels will be established as the up-to-date source of economical power in many applications.
- Prepared for Meeting 8-12 April 1973.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- White, A O
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 13 p.
- TRT Terms: Fuels; Gas turbine locomotives; Gas turbines
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00047379
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: 73-GT-22 Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1976 12:00AM