VEHICLE HANDLING PERFORMANCE. VOLUME 3. SUMMARY REPORT
The test procedures which were developed during the study were reviewed and extensively refined. Six basic procudures were conducted to test emergency maneuvering: Straight line braking; braking in a turn; roadholding in a turn; trapezoidal steer; sinusoidal steer; and drastic steer and brake.
- Paper copy also available from NTIS $16.00/set of 3 reports as PB-221 147-SET.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborHighway Safety Research Institute
Ann Arbor, MI USA
- Ervin, R D
- GROTE, P
- Fancher, P S
- MacAdam, C C
- SEGEL, L
- Publication Date: 1972-11
- Pagination: 66 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Maneuverability; Maneuvering; Passenger vehicles; Safety engineering; Steering; Tires
- Uncontrolled Terms: Emergency maneuvers
- Old TRIS Terms: Nhsb
- Subject Areas: Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00047337
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-031-1-159
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1973 12:00AM