LIMIT HANDLING PERFORMANCE AS INFLUENCED BY DEGRADATION OF STEERING AND SUSPENSION SYSTEMS. VOLUME II
The report contains the data plots representing the baseline performance and degraded limit maneuver performance of both the American Motors Ambassador and Dodge Coronet test vehicles. Each vehicle was subjected to six test maneuvers in the baseline performance condition and in each of the degraded conditions.
- Paper copy also available from NTIS $15.00/set of 3 reports as PB-221 099-SET.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborHighway Safety Research Institute
Ann Arbor, MI United States
- Fancher, P S
- Ervin, R D
- GROTE, P
- MacAdam, C C
- Segel, L
- Publication Date: 1972-11
- Pagination: 150 p.
- TRT Terms: Alignment; Ball and socket joints; Braking; Evaluation; Friction; Friction factor; Passenger vehicles; Performance evaluations; Road tests; Rolling contact; Shock absorbers; Steering gears; Suspension systems; Tires
- Uncontrolled Terms: Degradation
- Old TRIS Terms: Ball joints; Nhsb; Tire surface friction
- Subject Areas: Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00047334
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-PF-72-3-2 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-031-1-126
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1973 12:00AM