MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION SUMMARIES. VOLUME 3, NUMBER 7
The report contains case summaries of recent in-depth reports submitted by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration sponsored Multidisciplinary Accident Investigation Teams in a continuing series of publications. Accidents are studied involving vehicles of the last three model years of fatal, injury producing, or property damage severity. The Teams investigate the accidents in-depth concerning themselves with each element of the collision (human, vehicle, environment) as it interacts with each phase of the collision (pre-crash, crash, post-crash). The summaries consist of identification information, basic information on the highway and vehicles involved, a description of the drivers and occupants with their injuries, a phase-by-phase description of the sequence of events of the collision, and a list of the causal factors, conclusions, and recommendations. A diagram of each collision is included.
- See also Volume 3, Number 6, PB-214 023.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Pagination: 239 p.
- TRT Terms: Alertness; Attention; Behavior; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashes; Design standards; Drivers; Fatalities; Highways; Injuries; Motor vehicle bodies; Research; Safety engineering; Safety equipment; Statistics; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile bodies; Nhsb
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00047332
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-601-033
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 27 1973 12:00AM