WASHTENAW COUNTY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS, 1971 SURVEY ON ALCOHOL AND TRAFFIC SAFETY
The report summarizes the results of an eleven-page self-administered questionnaire completed by 94 law enforcement officers of the Washtenaw County Sheriff's Department and of the Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti Police Departments. 165 patrol and command officers in the three departments participated. Content areas included alcohol and other factors in traffic accidents; alcohol consumption quantities, accident risk, and illegal levels; factors influencing alcohol effects; alcohol problems in general and sources of help; attitudes toward various drunk driving countermeasures; own training and experience in handling drunk driving cases; and own drinking behavior and other personal data. The survey was carried out in order to obtain baseline data useful to the development and evaluation of the public information program for police officers being carried out by the Washtenaw Alcohol Safety Action Program.
- Summary Report and Codebook with Marginals.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborHighway Safety Research Institute
Ann Arbor, MI USA
- Wolfe, A C
- Chapman, M M
- Publication Date: 1972-1
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcoholic beverages; Attitudes; Behavior; Consumption; Drivers; Education; Ethanol; Evaluation; Hazards; Police; Project management; Risk assessment; Surveys; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents; Projects
- Geographic Terms: Michigan
- Old TRIS Terms: Alcohol ingestion; Nhsb
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00047312
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-AL-72-2
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-7535
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1973 12:00AM