TRI-LEVEL ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION SUMMARIES. LEVEL 3-A, INJURY CAUSATION. VOLUME 1, NUMBER 10
The report briefly introduces and describes the Tri-Level Accident Investigation concept. Basically, three levels of information are collected: exposure and accident rate information; accident information on a large sample of accidents not normally collected by the police; multidisciplinary in-depth information collected on a small sample of accidents by a team of professionals. The report specifically contains Level 3A accident summaries from the Tri-Level Study being conducted by Cornell Aeronautical Laboratory (CAL). These summaries are brief descriptions of injury-producing accidents investigated by the CAL Team to determine the specific injuries incurred and identify the specific interior components which caused such injuries. The volume contains summaries of 50 Injury Causation cases.
- See also Volume 1, No. 9, PB-214 756.
Cornell Aeronautical Laboratory, Incorporated4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY USA 14221
- Publication Date: 1972-11
- Pagination: 213 p.
- TRT Terms: Collisions; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Design; Injuries; Motor vehicle bodies; Research; Safety engineering; Traffic crashes; Vehicle interiors
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile bodies; Injury causation; Nhsb
- Subject Areas: Design; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00047298
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Sum Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-7098
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1973 12:00AM