MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION REPORT AUTOMATION. VOLUME 5: EDITING MANUAL AND REFERENCE INFORMATION
The document is Volume 5 of a 5 volume report documenting the results of the Multidisciplinary Accident Investigation (MDAI) Report Automation contract. It contains the editing conventions and reference information used in processing 1092 MDAI case vehicles into a time-shared accident data bank. An annotated Collision Performance and Injury Report Revision 3 is used to document editing conventions and new code values. The next two sections document the editing procedure and the interpretations of each question (variable) in narrative form. The final section is a compilation of vehicle reference information (e.g., original seat back angles) available to the data editors.
- See also Volume 4, PB-220 448. Paper copy also available from NTIS $10.00/set of 5 reports as PB-220 444-SET.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborHighway Safety Research Institute
Ann Arbor, MI USA
- MARSH IV, J C
- Vanek, S O
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Pagination: 210 p.
- TRT Terms: Collisions; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Information processing; Research; Time sharing; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Editing routines; Nhsb
- Subject Areas: Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00047296
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-SA-72-1-5 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-031-1-037
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1973 12:00AM