MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION REPORT AUTOMATION. VOLUME 3: MANUAL FOR SIMPLIFIED PROCEDURES FOR ANALYSIS OF DATA
The document is the third volume of a five volume report describing results of the Multidisciplinary Accident Investigation Report Automation contract. Access to data stored in the accident data banks at the Highway Safety Research Institute (HSRI) is considerably simplified through use of the SPAD (Simplified Procedures for Analysis of Data) system. This system allows users who have minimal knowledge in the operation of time-shared computer terminals to query the data banks for answers to many accident related questions. This manual provides the necessary background for operating the Michigan Terminal System from a remote terminal; for understanding the basic structure and contents of the accident files and analysis tools; and for using the SPAD system to obtain the desired analysis results.
- See also Volume 2, PB-220 446, and Volume 4, PB-220 448. Paper copy also available from NTIS $10.00/set of 5 reports as PB-220 444-SET.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborHighway Safety Research Institute
Ann Arbor, MI United States
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Pagination: 136 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashes; Information processing; Information retrieval; Research; Time sharing; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Nhsb; Simplified procedures for analysis of ddata system; Spad simplified procedures for analysiss of data s
- Subject Areas: Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00047294
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-SA-72-1-3 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-031-1-037
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1973 12:00AM