MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION REPORT AUTOMATION. VOLUME 2: ANALYSIS OF DATA
The document is Volume 2 of a 5 volume report describing the results of the Multidisciplinary Accident Investigation (MDAI) Report Automation project. It describes by example analysis of the MDAI data files and provides a team by team comparison and several cross indexes to the team reports. In particular, the strengths and limitations of the MDAI data in identifying traffic accident and injury problems is discussed. A three hour analysis study is documented to exemplify an approach to the data. The various accident investigation teams are then compared in terms of date of accident, program matrix cell comments, average severity of injury and vehicle damage, occupant age and sex, and other variables. Descriptive statistics of trip origin and destination are also provided. The appendices cross index each case report by team case number, DOT-HS Number, case vehicle injury severity and case vehicle damage index.
- See also Volume 1, HS-800 767, PB-220 445, and Volume 3, HS-800 769, PB-220 447. The full set of 5 reports is available from NTIS: Order PB-220 444.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborHighway Safety Research Institute
Ann Arbor, MI USA
- O'Day, J
- Schultz II, S
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Pagination: 115 p.
- TRT Terms: Collisions; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Data processing; Data storage; Information retrieval; Research; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Nhsb
- Subject Areas: Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00047293
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-72-1-2 Final Rpt, HS-800 768
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-031-1-037
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1990 12:00AM