MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION REPORT AUTOMATION. VOLUME 1: PROGRAM REVIEW
The document is Volume 1 of a 5 volume report documenting the results of the Multidisciplinary Accident Investigation (MDAI) Report Automation contract. It contains a review and discussion of all contract activities. Over 4500 accident investigations have been conducted to date (October 1972). These reports, sponsored by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association are being edited and processed into a common data base. Both NHTSA and MVMA member companies are being provided direct and simultaneous access to the data base through the University of Michigans time-shared computer system via remote batch terminals and interactive terminals (e.g., teletypes). The file consists of over 800 variables and are derived from the Collision Performance and Injury Report Revision 3 plus certain added pre-collision data.
- See also Volume 2, PB-220 446. Paper copy also available from NTIS $10.00/set of 5 reports as PB-220 444-SET.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborHighway Safety Research Institute
Ann Arbor, MI United States
- Marsh, J C
- O'Day, J
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Pagination: 130 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashes; Data storage; Information processing; Information retrieval; Research; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Nhsb
- Subject Areas: Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00047292
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-SA-72-1-1 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-031-1-037
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1973 12:00AM