SUBWAY AERODYNAMIC AND THERMODYNAMIC TEST (SAT) FACILITY - DOUBLE TRACK AERODYNAMICS
The report is one of many leading to the final product, a "Subway Environmental Design Handbook." The purpose of the report is to present, describe and interpret the test data generated in the SAT Facility (double track, rectangular cross section tunnel, smooth, with a solid dividing wall, 15% porosity curtain wall and open except for periodic columns). In particular, aerodynamic data for 3 trains of blockage ratios varying between .35 and .75 are described for steady and unsteady runs.
- See also report dated Aug 72, PB-213 158.
Institute for Rapid Transit1612 K Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20006
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Anemometry; Cross sections; Data collection; Drag; Measuring instruments; Railroad trains; Rapid transit; Subways; Test facilities; Velocity; Ventilation systems; Vents; Walls
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Model tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Aerodynamic characteristics; Blockage ratio; Hot wire anemometry; Rectangular cross sections; Subway railways; Venting
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00047274
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-DC-06-0010
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 2003 12:00AM