STANDARD LIGHT RAIL VEHICLE SPECIFICATION. TECHNICAL SECTION. REVISED TO INCLUDE ADDENDA 1 THROUGH 4
The specification describes a standard United States Light Rail Vehicle (technically defined as electric multiple-unit articulated subway-surface light rail cars). Performance perameters and design characteristics were developed in parameters and design characteristics were developed in engineers, and the Urban Mass Transportation Administration. The report details design and engineering specifications for all components of the light rail vehicle, and includes design illustrations. The adaptation of these specifications for Boston and San Francisco are included.
- Supersedes Report No. PB-212 688. Prepared in cooperation with San Francisco Municipal Railway Improvement Corporation, Calif.
Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority10 Park Plaza
Boston, MA USA 02116
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Pagination: 293 p.
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Brakes; Design; Doors; Electric power; Electric railroads; Electrical equipment; Electrical systems; Engineering; Gears; Light rail vehicles; Materials; Propulsion; Quality control; Quality of work; Radio; Railroad cars; Rapid transit; Specifications; Standardization; Streetcars; Suspension systems; Trolley cars
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Old TRIS Terms: Environmental tests; Rapid transit railways; Windows
- Subject Areas: Design; Materials; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00047271
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-MA-06-0015
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1974 12:00AM