NEW DIESEL COMBUSTION CHAMBER - THE VARIABLE - THROAT CHAMBER
A variable throat diesel combustion chamber, designed primarily for locomotives, shows gains in both overall efficiency and maximum pressure compared to a standard precup. Compared to a direct-injection engine, the chamber gives a 30% decrease in maximum pressure with the same efficiency. There is also a definite tendency to emit fewer pollutants than conventional chambers.
- Prepared for Meeting 8-12 January 1973.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Brisson, B
- Eyzat, P
- Ecomard, A
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 12 p.
- Accession Number: 00046963
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: #730167 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1976 12:00AM